I would like to inform you that if you enter and use the Website wanago.io (hereinafter: “the Website”) or use other services provided by me, I may process your personal data.
I assure you that I care about the security of your data, and I make every possible effort to respect your rights. I process personal data according to the provisions of Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation; hereinafter: GDPR).
- Who is the Data Controller of your personal data?
The Data Controller of your personal data is Marcin Wanago, being a sole proprietor functioning under laws of Republic of Poland, under the company name “Marcin Wanago”, registered in Central Registration and Information on Business (CEiDG), address: Spadzista 2/37, 80-811 Gdańsk, NIP No.: 5833397573, REGON No.: 386134017.
- How can you contact the Data Controller?
Contact with a Data Controller is possible via:
a) mail, by sending a letter to the Data Controller’s address mentioned above,
b) an e-mail by sending a message to the address: email@example.com.
- What are the legal bases for processing your personal data?
The specific legal basis and purposes for the processing of your personal data are as follows:
- Visiting the Website
If you visit the Website, I may process your personal data in connection with the use of cookie files on the Website and with storing personal data concerning entering and using the Website (logs). Therefore, I may process your personal data, such as your IP address, data about a device that you use, data about your operating system and your Internet service provider, as well as statistical data regarding your activity on the Website.In such a case, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is the provision of article 6.1.f) of the GDPR, stating that processing personal data is allowed when it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller. My legitimate interest is connected with the need to control the traffic on the Website, prevent technical errors and bugs, ensure site security, collect statistical data, or prevent abuse and violations of law within the application.When you will enter the Website for the first time, I will inform you about my usage of cookie files and ask you for your explicit consent concerning the storage of these files.
- Commenting on posts on the Website
If you post comments on the Website, I process your personal data on basis of article 6.1.f.) of the GDPR, which states that processing of personal data is lawful if the processing is necessary for purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller. In this case, the legitimate interest is enabling people to share their opinions and views on the contents of the Website.
- Contacting me via e-mail
If you contact me via e-mail, by using the contact details presented on the Website, I process your personal data (especially data indicated in the e-mail message) in order to answer your question and contact you back. The necessity to process your personal data in order to answer your question and contact you constitutes my legitimate interest, and the legal basis for data processing in this regard is the provision of article 6.1.f) of the GDPR.
- Subscribing to my mailing list (newsletter)
If you subscribe to my mailing list (newsletter), the legal basis for processing personal data in this regard is my legitimate interest, that is, providing you with marketing messages and sharing updates regarding the wanago.io blog. Consequently, I process your personal data on the basis of article 6.1.f) of the GDPR, which states that the processing of personal data is lawful if the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller. The legitimate interest, in this case, is carrying out marketing activities.What is more, specific legal provisions arising from the Polish Telecommunication Act require me to obtain prior consent before sending marketing messages. Therefore I will not send any e-mails if such consent has not been given by you.
- Being my customer, contractor, or its representative
I process your personal data if:
• I provide services for you (you are my client),
• I use your services or support,
• I have any other kind of business cooperation with you.
In such case, the processing is conducted in order to conclude and perform an agreement between you and us, and the legal basis for the processing of personal data is the article 6.1.b) of the GDPR.
However, if you act as my client’s or contractor’s representative, e.g., as an employee or a contact person, I may process your personal data in order to conclude and perform an agreement between the organization that you represent and us. Such a situation constitutes my legitimate interest, and the processing of personal data is based on the article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, which states that processing of personal data is allowed when it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller.I may also process your personal data in order to comply with obligations imposed on the data controller by legal provisions, including, in particular, tax law or administrative law – the legal basis for personal data processing in this regard is the need for processing the data to fulfill the legal obligation to which data controller is subject, in accordance with the provisions of article 6.1.c) of the GDPR.
- Visiting my social media profiles (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) or joining my Discord server
I process your personal data in order to enable you to visit my accounts on social media or my Discord server. Personal data are processed in order to monitor traffic, carry out marketing activities regarding my services, and communicate with you. These social media platforms enable me to send marketing messages to you (e.g., by showing you promoted posts) in accordance with the terms of these platforms.Personal data are processed in connection with using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Discord on the basis of article 6.1.f) of the GDPR, which states that the processing of personal data is lawful if the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller. The legitimate interests, in this case, are allowing users to use these platforms, maintaining statistics, carrying out marketing activities, and contacting readers of the wanago.io blog.
- Visiting the Website
- Who can I share your personal data with?
In order to provide you with the ability to view the Website, contact me, and use the services provided by me, I use the support of some external companies. Therefore, personal data that I process may be transferred to:
- a provider of hosting services: Sohost spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością z siedzibą w Lublinie (ul. Bohdana Dobrzańskiego 3, 20-262 Lublin),
- a provider of analytics services (Google Analytics): Google Ireland Limited. This entity is a subsidiary of Google LLC with headquarters in Mountain View, California, USA.
If you visit my fan pages on various social media platforms, your personal data can be processed by:
- an entity managing and maintaining social media platforms Facebook and Messenger – Meta Platforms Ireland Limited (Dublin, Ireland). This entity is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms Inc with headquarters in Mountain View, California, USA,
- an entity managing and maintaining the social media platform LinkedIn – LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company (Dublin, Ireland). This entity is a subsidiary of LinkedIn Corp. with headquarters in San Francisco, California, USA,
- an entity managing and maintaining the social media platform Twitter – Twitter International Company (Dublin, Ireland). This entity is a subsidiary of Twitter Inc. with headquarters in San Francisco, California, USA.
If you join my Discord server, your personal data can be processed by:
- an entity managing and maintaining the Discord platform – Discord Netherlands B.V. (Amsterdam, Netherlands). This entity is a subsidiary of Discord Inc. with headquarters in San Francisco, California, USA.
Due to the possible processing of your personal data by entities like Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Discord, your personal data can be transferred outside of European Union/European Economic Area, mainly to the USA. Any such transfer of personal data may take place on the basis of Standard Contractual Clauses, a special agreement, the model of which has been approved by the European Commission.
- Duration of personal data processing
I store your personal data for only as long as I actually need it, and after that, I delete it. Therefore, I can inform you that:
- if you are a visitor to the Website, I process your personal data for as long as you use the Website and for up to fourteen months after your last visit,
- if you type comments under articles on the Website, I process your personal data until the comments are removed, either by you or me, although not longer than for 6 years,
- if you are my client, contractor, or representative of an organization that I cooperate with (I have concluded an agreement with), I process your personal data as long as I conduct business cooperation with my client or contractor and up to three years after the end of such cooperation,
- if you are a person who contacted me by e-mail – I process your personal data for as long as the contact between me, and you lasts. After it ends and 3 months have passed, I delete the personal data I have collected in this way,
- if you are a person who has visited my social media profile (on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), liked or commented on a social media post or messaged me via Messenger, I will process your data for as long as my profile exists on such social media site, however, no longer than for the time that you are a user of such site,
- if you are a person who joined my Discord server, post messages within that server or contact me directly via Discord, I will process your personal data for as long as my profile or Discord server exists, however no longer than for the time that you are Discord user.
- if you are a person who subscribed to my mailing list (newsletter) – I process your personal data until you unsubscribe from my mailing list or after the termination of marketing activities revolving around such a mailing list.
- What rights do you have regarding the processing of your personal data?
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal dataYou can request a confirmation from us that your personal data are processed and request appropriate information in this regard, including information on what types of personal data are processed and for which purposes.
- Request rectification of your personal dataYou have the right to request the immediate rectification of incorrect personal data and supplement incomplete personal data.
- Request the erasure of your personal dataYou have the right to request the immediate erasure of your personal data if any of the following criteria apply:
- personal data are no longer necessary to realize the purposes for which they were collected or are otherwise processed,
- you have revoked consent (assuming it is the basis of processing), and there are no other legal bases for personal data processing,
- you have filed an objection regarding the processing of your personal data, and there are no other legally justified legal bases for personal data processing which override the objection,
- personal data have been processed illegally,
- personal data have to be erased in order to fulfill a legal obligation,
- personal data have been collected in connection with providing information society services to a child.
- Request restriction of processing your personal dataYou have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- you object to the correctness of personal data,
- processing of personal data is illegal, but you object the erasure of your personal data, requesting a restriction of processing instead,
- we do not need your personal data for processing purposes, but you need them to establish, pursue claims or defend from claims,
- you have filed an objection regarding the processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal dataYou have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you provided to me, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller. Such requests can be fulfilled only where your personal data are processed on basis of consent or an agreement and are processed by automated means.You also have the right to request us to send your personal data directly to another controller, assuming that it is technically possible.
- Right to file a complaint to a competent authorityYou have the right to file a complaint to an authority competent in matters related to personal data processing – in Poland, it is the President of Data Protection Office (Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych – PUODO), address: Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych, Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw.
- Object to the processing of your personal dataYou have the right to object to personal data processing in scenarios where the legal basis for processing is my legitimate interest.
- Withdraw your consent for processingIf your personal data are processed on basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent without any effect on the processing done before such consent was withdrawn.
- Additional information
I do not process your personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making based on profiling. Presenting advertisements via social media platforms is based solely on general criteria and is not linked to automatic decision-making.Provision of personal data is voluntary, although in scenarios where I process your personal data in order to conclude or perform a concluded agreement, withholding from providing personal data might render the provision of my services impossible.
I may use two types of cookies:
- Session cookies: cookies that are stored on your device during the time you use the Website (they are deleted when you close your web browser). Session cookies enable the correct use of the Website. Blocking them may result in encountering errors or prevent you from using the Website.
- Persistent cookies: they are stored on your device until they are deleted. They are used to analyze the traffic on the Website. I strive to use only the services of such entities that guarantee the security of your device, software, and your data. This also applies to cookies used by these entities.
My usage of cookie files is based on your consent, granted in accordance with appropriate regulations. I indicate that lack of such consent or subsequent deletion of appropriate cookies files might render usage of certain aspects of the Website impossible.
Please be aware that if you block storing cookies on your device, the use of specific services provided by me may be limited and, in some cases, may not be possible.sing of personal data is the article 6.1.b) of the GDPR.